I don’t have a published comment policy. Most people around here are polite enough I don’t think one is needed. There are a couple things I feel I should say, though.
- First posts are always moderated. This is moderation by email address so if you post using multiple addresses then your post will go into moderation.
- Anonymous posting is OK, I have no problem with folks who want or need to protect their identity on comments.
- Forging other people’s email addresses is not OK and if I notice you’re doing that, your posts will not be approved.
- Anonymously posting in order to harass or harangue is not OK. If you want to post anonymously, the post should add something to the conversation.
- I am the final arbiter of what is and is not adding to the conversation.
I’ve had so little comment abuse I haven’t seen the need to post a comment policy. But I am starting to see an uptick in the number of address forgeries and thought maybe it was time to say something.