ISP Postmaster Pages

I’ve been working on some reference information about ISPs for my own internal use as well as sharing with clients. There doesn’t seem to be any public reference site for postmaster sites, so I decided to publish what I’ve collected.

ISP
Mailtrust Yes No
Outblaze Conditional Conditional
PA.net No No
RoadRunner Coming Soon No
USA.net Yes No
Yahoo Yes Yes

Outblaze’s conditions are that you are only sending confirmed opt-in email across all of your IP space. They only provide FBL emails to senders on their whitelist.

RoadRunner is currently publishing “early 2009” for when their FBL will go live. Senders who have a current FBL will need to reapply when the new FBL goes live.

1. Matt says

Hi Laura,

United Online does have a feedback loop, we receive it at work. From what I recall it’s part of the UNTD Trusted List on their postmaster page.

Cheers,

Matt
    @emailkarma

Fixed!

3. Jared says

Laura,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t USA.net provide the FBL for verizon?

Thanks!

Jared

4. John says

Laura-

The URL for the Yahoo! FBL is listed as http://http//postmaster.yahoo.com – you’ve got an extra http// in there.

jb

Fixed that, too.

I hadn’t heard of Verizon and USA.net teamed up. I’ve got a question into Verizon to see.

6. Answers to Common Questions about Whitelisting - Inbox Ideas: Email Marketing Tips by AWeber says

[...] The same goes for Feedback Loops – not all ISPs will tell you when a subscriber marks an email as spam. For a handy list of ISPs that do and do not offer whitelisting and/or feedback loops, see this blog post at Word to the Wise. [...]

7. Stefan Pollard says

Laura,

I love that you posted these, great reference table. May I suggest you link FBL/Whitelist and Postmaster help pages separately, as for the ReturnPath administered ones, they can differ from the main postmaster sites as in the case of Yahoo. I linked up the FBL’s in my recent column http://www.clickz.com/3632514

Hi, Stefan,

There are bigger plans for the information but this is just an easy way to present the data right now.

9. J.D. says

Minor but important correction: Return Path doesn’t “administer” feedback loops. We host ‘em for our ISP partners, providing the necessary technology & advising when asked — but the ISP owns the feedback messages and makes all the decisions.

– J.D. Falk, Return Path
    (as you know, I don’t always speak on behalf of my employer on this or other blogs)

10. Spam Complaints and How You Can Avoid Them | Email Marketing News and Tips says

[...] like BlastWizard can tell you how many complaints you got for a certain email job. Check out this blog post for a list of ESPs that offer feedback [...]

11. Mohammed says

Laura,

Roadrunner also has feedback loop. Here is that link.

Mohammed.

Comment:

• ReturnPath on DMARC+Yahoo

Over at ReturnPath Christine has an excellent non-technical summary of the DMARC+Yahoo situation, along with some solid recommendations for what actions you might take to avoid the operational problems it can cause.No Comments

• AOL problems

Lots of people are reporting ongoing (RTR:GE) messages from AOL today.  This indicates the AOL mail servers are having problems and can't accept mail. This has nothing to do with spam, filtering or malicious email. This is simply their servers aren't functioning as well as they should be and so AOL can't accept all the mail thrown at them. These types of blocks resolve themselves. 1 Comment

• Fixing discussion lists to work with new Yahoo policy

Al has some really good advice on how to fix discussion lists to work with the new Yahoo policy. One thing I would add is the suggestion to actually check dmarc records before assuming policy. This will not only mean you're not having to rewrite things that don't need to be rewritten, but it will also mean you won't be caught flat footed if (when?) other free mail providers start publishing p=reject.No Comments