ISP Postmaster Pages

I’ve been working on some reference information about ISPs for my own internal use as well as sharing with clients. There doesn’t seem to be any public reference site for postmaster sites, so I decided to publish what I’ve collected.

AOL Yes Yes
Bellsouth No No No No No No
Comcast Yes No
Cox Yes No
Excite Yes No
Frontier No No
Gmail No No
Hotmail/MSN Yes No
Juno/Netzero/UnitedOnline Yes Yes No No
Mailtrust Yes No
Outblaze Conditional Conditional No No
RoadRunner Coming Soon No Yes No
Yahoo Yes Yes

Outblaze’s conditions are that you are only sending confirmed opt-in email across all of your IP space. They only provide FBL emails to senders on their whitelist.

RoadRunner is currently publishing “early 2009” for when their FBL will go live. Senders who have a current FBL will need to reapply when the new FBL goes live.

1. Matt says

Hi Laura,

United Online does have a feedback loop, we receive it at work. From what I recall it’s part of the UNTD Trusted List on their postmaster page.

3. Jared says

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t provide the FBL for verizon?

4. John says

The URL for the Yahoo! FBL is listed as http://http// – you’ve got an extra http// in there.

Fixed that, too.

I hadn’t heard of Verizon and teamed up. I’ve got a question into Verizon to see.

6. Answers to Common Questions about Whitelisting - Inbox Ideas: Email Marketing Tips by AWeber says

[…] The same goes for Feedback Loops – not all ISPs will tell you when a subscriber marks an email as spam. For a handy list of ISPs that do and do not offer whitelisting and/or feedback loops, see this blog post at Word to the Wise. […]

7. Stefan Pollard says

I love that you posted these, great reference table. May I suggest you link FBL/Whitelist and Postmaster help pages separately, as for the ReturnPath administered ones, they can differ from the main postmaster sites as in the case of Yahoo. I linked up the FBL’s in my recent column

Hi, Stefan,

There are bigger plans for the information but this is just an easy way to present the data right now.

9. J.D. says

Minor but important correction: Return Path doesn’t “administer” feedback loops. We host ’em for our ISP partners, providing the necessary technology & advising when asked — but the ISP owns the feedback messages and makes all the decisions.

— J.D. Falk, Return Path
    (as you know, I don’t always speak on behalf of my employer on this or other blogs)

10. Spam Complaints and How You Can Avoid Them | Email Marketing News and Tips says

[…] like BlastWizard can tell you how many complaints you got for a certain email job. Check out this blog post for a list of ESPs that offer feedback […]

11. Mohammed says

Roadrunner also has feedback loop. Here is that link.

• Ongoing Yahoo delays

I've been hearing from folks over the last few days that they're seeing an uptick in deferrals from Yahoo! The deferrals are not uniform. ESPs report they're seeing some, but not all, customers affected. Other ESPs aren't seeing any changes. It's not just you. But it would be very worthwhile to dig into engagement and other stats. It's possible this is a new normal at Yahoo! and they're tightening filters to catch mail that doesn't fit their standards but was previously difficult to filter.No Comments

• AOL starts using Sender Score Certification

Good news for Sender Score Certified IPs. Return Path recently announced that AOL has joined the list of ISPs offering preferential treatment to certified IPs.  1 Comment

• iCloud Service Disruption

40% of iCloud users were affected this morning during a service disruption between 2:15AM and 9:30AM. Apple System StatusNo Comments